Friday, November 16, 2012

we don't communicate with our mouths

Did you know that verbal communication only makes up 14% of the message we interpret when talking with someone?  35% of the message is the tone taken while saying those words.  What could the last 51% be referring to?  NON-VERBAL communication.  Non-verbals are things like body language, thoughts and feelings, and the media.  This is why texting is one of my least favorite things to do.  When the recipient is reading that message, they're only getting 14% of the intended thought.  All this encoding and decoding take place to understand the real meaning of the messages we are trying to send.  I don't know about you but sometimes this can be really exhausted!  I just want to get my thoughts across without everyone reading into them to try to find that hidden meaning.  Is there a solution to this?  You're thoughts are as good as mine!  I hope that there can be a way to stop this.  I think the best way is so share out real meaning and intents.  No beating around the bush, we should just be straight-forward, in a respectful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment